The Public Works Department maintains approximately 90 miles of road, along with Town owned parks, cemeteries, parking lots and storm sewers. Its staff and equipment are responsible for prompt snow removal and sanding of roads, parking lots and Town owned sidewalks. The Public Works department is on call 24 hours per day throughout the year for emergency services to residents.
Windham's Transfer Station/Recycling Center, located at 8 Industrial Park Drive in North Windham, is open Friday and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Curbside Bulky Waste Pick-up will occur only in May this fiscal year.
Bulky items are free to bring to the Transfer Station during May.
Call 860-465-3090 for info.
Garbage is collected curbside Monday-Friday.
Call 860-465-3090 to obtain your collection day.
Please call Willimantic Waste with any problems or concerns
about garbage pick up at 860-423-4527.
Other services include:
- Filling Potholes
- Street Sweeping
- Remove Debris from Roads and Roadsides
- Mowing Roadsides
- Repairing and Cleaning Catch Basins
- Repairing and Installing Sidewalks
- Repair and Install Curbing
- Tree Removal
- Drainage Repairs and Installation
- Install Posts
- Paint Street Lines / Handicapped Parking Lines / Parking Lines
- Distribute and Fill Sandboxes
- Install and Repair Street Signs
- Annual Leaf Collection
- Prepare Compost for Public
- Confer with Recreation Department for Game Schedules
- Prepare Baseball Fields for Games
- Assist with Burials